Profile of Ambassador
PROFILE OF AMBASSADOR SHAMBHU S. KUMARAN
1. Ambassador Shambhu S. Kumaran joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1995. He currently serves as the Ambassador of India to the Philippines, Republic of Palau and Federated States of Micronesia.
2. His diplomatic assignments abroad include postings in Frankfurt and Berlin (1997-2002), as Political Counsellor in Kathmandu (2007-2009) and as Deputy High Commissioner to South Africa (2009-2012).
3. At Headquarters, he was Deputy Secretary (West Europe Division) handling relations with the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain as well as the Commonwealth from 2002-2004. He was Officer on Special Duty (Press Relations) in the External Publicity Division from 2004-2007.
4. From 2012-16, he was Director (East Asia/China), Joint Secretary (Establishment) and Joint Secretary (Eurasia) in MEA.
5. During January 2016- May 2019, he was on deputation to the Ministry of Defence as Joint Secretary (Planning and International Cooperation).
He was the Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Morocco from June 2019 to July 2020.
6. He holds a Bachelors Degree in English Literature from Kerala University as well as an MA in International Studies and Master of Philosophy in Diplomatic Studies from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Terms & Conditions |
Copyright Policy |
Hyperlinking Policy |
Accessibility Statement | Help
© 2021 Embassy of India, Manila, Philippines. All Rights Reserved.
Visitors 1105 | Page last updated on: 06-12-2022 Designed by Maxtra Technologies Pvt Ltd